As part of our growing program on foreign affairs, defence and security, MLI organized an exclusive roundtable discussion with a visiting delegation of Bavarian MPs and scholars. Canadian policy leaders joined the roundtable to exchange ideas on a range of issues related to the theme of “Global Partnerships and Multilateral Cooperation in a World in Disarray: Exploring the Potential of Canadian-German Cooperation.”
The roundtable was a private event held on November 15th at the MLI office at 323 Chapel. It was held in partnership with the German Embassy and the Hanns Seidel Foundation. The conversation was led by Christian Leuprecht, who is a Macdonald-Laurier Institute Munk Senior Fellow.
- Honourable Member of Parliament Christian Schmidt
- Honourable Member of Parliament Alexander Radwan
- Professor Dr. Andreas Falke, Director at the German-American Institute at the University of Nürnberg
- Dr. Wolf Krug, Head of Institute for European and Transatlantic Dialogue at Hanns-Seidel-Foundation
- Christian Forstner, Director of the Hans-Seidel-Foundation Washington Office
- Christian Blank, Program Manager at Hanns-Seidel-Foundation Washington Office
Photos from the event can be found here.