If you missed the first debate of History Wars, you can now watch it this Saturday October 1st at 8:30am on CPAC! Tune in to see David Frum and Lawrence Martin debate the resolution: Pierre Trudeau was Canada’s most disastrous Prime Minister.
The archive will be available on CPAC’s website after the broadcast (Monday October 3rd).
Get a glimpse of the debate by reading their opening statements here or read the following media coverage of the debate:
– Live History Wars Coverage by David Watson of the Ottawa Citizen
– “The case against Trudeau: that’s it?” by John Geddes, Macleans.ca, September 28, 2011
– “Frum vs. Martin vs. Trudeau: Legacy in the eyes of the beholder” by Ben Travers, iPolitics.ca, September 28, 2011
– “Was Trudeau a disaster?” by Anthony Furey, Ottawa Sun, September 28, 2011
– Open remarks published in the Ottawa Citizen were also published in the Calgary Herald, Regina’s Leader-Post, FrumForum.com and Huffington Post Canada.
The next History Wars debate is on November 11, 2011 at 6:30pm at the Bronson Centre in Ottawa. The resolution: After Afganistan the Canadian forces should keep the peace rather than wage war. Debate will be between Michael Byers and Jack Granatstein with Michael Bliss moderating. Register now for your tickets!