Macdonald-Laurier Institute Managing Director Brian Lee Crowley chaired a panel on employment for young Canadians at an event the Canadian Council of Chief Executives organized.
The panel took place in Ottawa on April 13, 2015 and also featured as participants:
- Randall Bartlett, Senior Economist, TD Bank Group
- David Coletto, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Abacus Data
- Lauren Friese, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, TalentEgg
- Trish Hennessy, Director, Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives
The discussion covered several topics, including:
- Are universities preparing young Canadians for the job market?
- Are co-op placements and unpaid internships of value to students?
- What should employers be doing to train young Canadians?
To watch the video, click here.