- This event has passed.
Geopolitics unbound: Confronting authoritarianism from Europe to the Indo-Pacific
May 18 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
The recent Russian invasion of Ukraine has sent shockwaves through the NATO alliance, representing the greatest challenge to face European security since the end of the Cold War. NATO allies, and indeed democracies worldwide, are at a critical juncture as they respond to this unprecedented challenge to the global rules-based order.
Canada has a direct interest in how NATO addresses Russia’s threat to European security and beyond. For example, Russia also poses a multi-faceted challenge in the Arctic, which will require a multinational response from Canada and other NATO countries. The same is true for its growing cooperation with China aimed at destabilizing Western alliances – including NATO. The emergence of a stronger alignment between Beijing and Moscow in the Indo-Pacific is of growing concern to our most important partners in the region, such as Japan, South Korea and Australia.
To shed light on these issues, MLI will convene a group of top experts to examine the growing challenge posed by Russia across an array of areas, from Europe and the Arctic to the Indo-Pacific. The conference will also look at the role of China and its convergence with Russia, particularly in the Indo-Pacific region.
- Location: Ottawa, ON
- Date: Wednesday, May 18, 2022
Preliminary event schedule (subject to change):
- 9:00 am – Registration, coffee break & networking
- 9:30 am – Welcome remarks
- 10:00 am – Panel 1: Russia’s challenge to NATO in Europe and beyond
- 12:00 pm – Buffet lunch & networking
- 1:00 pm – Panel 2: How the West can respond to Russia-China in the Indo-Pacific
- 3:00 pm Coffee break & networking
- 4:00 pm – Event concludes
• Please note this event is invitation-only. If you would like to inquire about ticket availability, please send your request to email@example.com.
• Please note the event will be recorded and made publicly available following the event.
For more information, view the event program here.
Special Thanks to our Sponsors: